Police investigated two kidnapping incidents linked to Kraaifontein this weekend.
In the first incident, two boys were allegedly kidnapped in Scottsdene.
According to the Pink Ladies’ poster, the boys aged 4 and 6, were playing in Impala Street, on Friday September 8, at 6pm, when a white Audi pulled up.
A child playing with the boys at the time said the occupants of the car beckoned to the boys and they got into the car which then drove off.
Provincial police spokesperson Sergeant Noloyiso Rwexana said both boys had returned unharmed the following morning.
“A kidnapping case has been opened for investigation,” Sergeant Rwexana said.
In the second incident, three men were arrested in Bloekombos for allegedly kidnapping a Chinese businessman.
Sergeant Rwexana said the businessman was kidnapped on Saturday September 9 in Monte Vista.
“A ransom of R1 million was demanded for his release. The alleged kidnappers settled for R100 000 after negotiations with the family which was subsequently paid,” Sergeant Rwexana said.
After the man was released back to his family, police arrested three men, aged 31, 33 and 40, in Bloekombos.
“Some of the ransom money was recovered and a vehicle used in the incident was seized.”
More arrests were imminent, she said, and the businessman had been taken to hospital for medical examination, and he and his family had been offered trauma counselling.