Parow Shopping Centre has challenged recent reports on social media that its ceiling collapsed in heavy rainfall on Wednesday September 16.
Responding to a video https://twitter.com/i/status/1306259305532977152 showing workers mopping up, the mall said: “With reference to a video circulating on social media, the ceiling at Parow Shopping Centre did in fact not collapse and was not caused by heavy rains. A sprinkler pipe burst and caused flooding on the first and second floor. The opening in the ceiling where the wiring is exposed is new cable ways for future fibre lines. Cleaning crew and contractors were on the scene in minutes to isolate the burst pipe and start the clean-up process, normal trade resumed the next day.”