Another house fire

Another house has been gutted in a fire in Goodwood. This time it was in CM van der Heever Street, on Friday February 24, just after 2am.

According to the City’s Fire Services the fire was caused by a suspected electrical short circuit. Two fire engines and one rescue vehicle were sent from Goodwood and Epping fire stations to fight the blaze.

“The entire main structure, excluding the garage and outbuildings, was damaged by fire,” said senior firefighter Tracey Whittaker.

The elderly residents were found outside. The man had burns to his feet and hands and the woman had suffered from superficial heat exposure and smoke inhalation.

The couple were treated and taken to hospital by Metro ambulance.

When Northern News visited the house on Sunday February 26, we found a security guard posted outside.

Last month, Northern News reported on another fire, which gutted a house in Riebeeck Street, Vasco, on Tuesday February 14 (“Community rallies behind family,” Northern News, February 22).